Tuition fees, scholarships, grants (Poland)
Compared to other European countries, the cost of studying in Polish universities is very attractive and begins:
- from 800 € – study at private universities (Polish-language courses);
- from 1000 € – study at state universities (Polish-language courses);
- from 1700 € – English language courses;
- from 2500 € – double-diploma training;
Free of charge – to the owners of the Polish card. Introduction on the basis of the general competition with the citizens of Poland. The right to free study is provided exclusively at state universities;
Free of charge – on the basis of scholarship grants programs.
In addition, when studying on a paid basis, every student has the opportunity to receive scholarships:
Learn the cost of training in your specialty:
The types of scholarships and discounts vary by institution. The largest number of scholarships for foreign students is private universities. The most difficult to get scholarships in public educational institutions.
These programs give foreigners the opportunity to study for free, but entry is exclusively on a competitive basis. The entrance criteria and requirements are different for each institution, but one of the main criteria is the knowledge of the language at which the training will be conducted, not lower than B2.
RESPONSES TO THE LARGEST DIFFERENT QUESTIONS
- Is it possible to pay tuition monthly? Unfortunately no. At this time, foreign students can pay (for studying) at least semester cost.
- When should I pay tuition? Each university has its own payment regulations. However, it should be noted that most private educational institutions require payment (minimum of semester-based tuition fees) during the introductory semester as one of the introductory criteria (without the completion of which the entrant will not be enrolled).
- Does the Polish card enable you to study for free in private schools? No. The Polish card holders go to non-state-owned educational institutions on general systems, like all entrants.
- How to get a scholarship (a discount on studying) while studying? In most cases, for obtaining scholarships for academic achievement (Rector’s, Decan’s), you must have a semester grade of no less than 4,1 or 4,5 points and take an active part in the life of the university. At the end of the semester, the student must independently apply to the decan’s office for a scholarship, justifying the reasons (why he deserves it). Scholarships are for a semester of time.
INTERESTING TO KNOW
- Higher education in Poland (benefits and education system)
- How to enter university? Entry procedure. Entry requirements and criteria.
- Cost of living in Poland.